Saturday, September 20, 2008

After and Before


AFTER


BEFORE


I was feeling a bit down. This past week was the third week of school and being home has been a big change. I guess reality sunk in, even though it’s a reality that I chose (not going back to teach this year.)
So I decided to get my hair cut and colored. I needed a new look, a new feel, a new vibe. I made an appointment at “Radiance” an Aveda Salon that uses all natural products, etc. When I went in, I had them take a “before” picture using my camera, so I could compare my old hair with my new look.
It felt good to be pampered. It felt good to sit in a chair and have someone fawn all over me. And, best of all, at this place you get to lie down when they wash your hair. So after coloring, cutting and the blow dry, I asked for the “after” shot.
Finally, when I got home to look at the pictures side by side…I decided I look pretty much the same in both shots, but my hair is a bit different. I guess I was a little disappointed because I needed and wanted a change…a new me! Then I realized that I should know this by now: no matter what the face cream, the clothes, the hair, the perfume, the diet or the make-up, it’s still just me. We’ve all been so programmed to believe that these little items, expensive or inexpensive, will change our lives; but when it comes down to it, what we’re left with is ourselves. So, I better like myself, because it’s all I got! So take a look at the before and after photos above, they’re both just me!