Tuesday, August 5, 2008

First Blog

At the ripe old age of 45, I've taken a leap of faith. I quit my job and all of my volunteer work and decided to seriously, and I mean seriously, write.

Like most writers, I've always felt the need to write -- to re-live, re-examine and sometimes re-invent the world around me. My limited success thus far has been in the "momoir" genre with some early essays published in Parents Magazine and Welcome Home Magazine ... but that was in the 90's. A lot has changed since then. First and foremost, my children have gotten older. I've gone from warming baby bottles to hiding my stash of diet soda bottles from the kids. I've gone from cleaning up spills to yelling about text messaging bills. They've grown, and clearly I've grown, too.

Yes, I will continue to write about my family. (I have to because it's such great material.) Now my children are 13 and 11, and I can guarantee that family life will only get more interesting as I deal with their teenage years, as well as the persistent memories of my own wild child days.

I will also write about my trials and tribulations of getting this new career off the ground ... finally. In addition to blogging, I will be sending out my personal essays, looking for feature writing opportunities and, of course, working on my novel.

Any input, hints, and encouragement are certainly welcome!

2 comments:

ddiff said...

You are truly an inspiration to all those willing to take the leap! Life is an adventure that has many great rewards when you put your talents to use and share them with the world. Thanks for sharing your talent as a gifted writer! Your words, ideas, and experiences are a pleasure to read and I look forward to many more!
DDiff

Tony Rossell said...

So glad you a jumping into blogging. I think that you will enjoy it. It looks like you are off to a great start. Stay with it. Tony