Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New Communities


President Obama's speech today made me think a lot about "community." We have our world community, the "community feeling" reported in the congress and senate, the call to help others in our community, and of course the many communities who gathered together to watch the inaugural festivities today in churches and schools across the country. And yet this year I have discovered a whole new sense of community. I have found thousands of mothers, like myself, who have a passion for writing and exploring family life. I have found, and joined a growing number of mother bloggers.


Through networks like the Mom Bloggers Club, Cafe Mom, and Moms in a Blog, I've received everything from writing advice to crock pot recipes. These are smart and interesting women across the globe who have come together to create a new sense of community and caring. I'm enjoying my new friends, and learning a lot in this maternal cyber world. My sense of community keeps expanding and evolving. And. I'm so very pleased to have added a new dimension of community to my life this year!

No comments: